YOGA FOR THE SPECIAL CHILD
Yoga therapy for children with special needs - the Yoga for the Special Child® methodology.
Every child can benefit from yoga, no matter what their ability.
I offer 1:1 yoga sessions at your home, or my home studio, for children of all ages and abilities. The Yoga is gentle, therapeutic - and safe for babies and children with Down's Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Microcephaly, Autism, Attention Deficit Disorder, ADHD, learning disabilities and other developmental challenges.
Yoga for the Special Child®, is a unique therapeutic yoga method that has changed the lives of countless children with special needs around the world. The program of Yoga techniques was designed by Sivakami Sonia Sumar to enhance the natural development of children with special needs.
Yoga for the Special Child® (YSC) is proven to improve muscle strength and balance, increase motor functions, promote flexibility and correct postural alignment, increase self awareness, and promote calm, organised mental states.
ALL contributing to a happier, healthier child.
Sivakami Sonia Sumar in action
What exactly is the YSC Program?
An integrated series of balanced Yoga poses to increase body awareness, strength.
Specialized breathing exercises and relaxation techniques to improve concentration.
An early intervention program to assure the healthy formative development of infants and toddlers and kids.
What are the real benefits?
The benefits of regular yoga practice specifically for children with special needs are countless:
- Improved motor and muscular functions and self-regulation.
- Relaxed nervous system, leading to lower anxiety levels.
- A noticeable improvement in focus, coordination and communication skills.
- Better blood circulation and brain oxygenation, thus better cognition.
- Improved level of physical awareness.
- Improved breathing in daily activities thus better body function.
- Improved sleep.
- Improved behaviour emotional balance and ability to transition from one activity to another.
- Better stronger improved internal organs function.
Yoga supports the child's physical and mental development, helps to nurture and restore emotional well-being and balance, calm the mind, the nervous system and strengthen the body.
For more information about yoga for your child, fill in this form.